Monday, January 20, 2014

Istanbul - revisited

 

We came here again to this beautiful, beautiful city! This time we had a room in the street overlooking the Aya Sofya. We stayed at the magenta one and the rooms were breathtaking - featuring traditional Turkish embroidery motifs and styles.

 

For this post I made several collages of things / places that captured my attention  and I hope you will enjoy. 

 
The wall opposite our hotel was made of broken pieces of tea cups and saucers - and it was an amazing sight - kudos to the ingenious artist / builder. 


 
Shop windows are most often an exceptional works of art.

                               
 
The treasures of the Bazaar - a remarkable experience even for the pickiest of palates. 





The irreplaceable Aya Sofya and the Blue Mosque. 

11 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Absolutely fantastic! Love all the photos. We only spent 9 hours in Istanbul during a layover from the States back to Kuwait, and even though the boys were little and I was still trying to breastfeed Zack at the time, we hopped on a bus and went to the Blue Mosque and did a little shopping. I love all the colors and that wall is brilliant. There's an Italian lady here who did her whole house in mirrors and mosaics. It's definitely a sight to see. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

homemade@myplace said...

beautiful!!!!! I would love to go there for a visit!!!!
xxxxxxx Ale

ByNightCreations said...

These pictures are fantastic! makes me want to got there, now ;-) Thank you for the visit ;-)

Divya N said...

Now this is what a holiday should be like - a sensorial experience - lovely. The mosaic walls reminds me on 'crazy China' by Antonio Gaudi

Katherine said...

So much inspiration! Wow, so colourful and such amazing works of beauty to enjoy. Looks like a wonderful place for a holiday!

Way Out Wear said...

Oh it looks so lovely! I love the colours! I hope one day I can go there

Pat said...

What a fascinating city! The Aya Sofya is so beautiful; the vibrant colours and historical buildings, must have been a magical visit!
Pat

Unknown said...

Amazing photos Maya, oh, Turkey is such a wonderful country... so exotic, too! Bet you would have LOVED to take the beautiful bed covers with you, LOL! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

nurtenbegendi.blogspot.com said...

Türkiye'ye hoş geldiniz. Yeniden bekleriz. Beğenmenize sevindim. Ben üniverste eğitimimi İstanbul'da tamamladım. Gerçekten çok güzeldir. Sevgilerimle..

Maya Kuzman said...

@nurtenbegendi: Çok teşekkür ederim! Yakında geri gelmek istiyoruz!
(I hope google did a good job:)

cafenoHut said...

I'm so happy to see my city images on your blog.
I loved them so much and I hope you come here again...