Friday, November 29, 2013

1920 Inspired Headband


Last weekend my sister and BIL attended a Gatsby inspired party and all the attendees were required to be adequately attired. Sis asked for a headband knowing I'd love to indulge  and I really did. 




For this one I used a plain, elastic headband to which I added some beads and sequins, a pearl-centered button also decorated with sequins and some feathers.

Originally I had an idea of making it from lace and I wanted it to be wide, but no lace I had at hand was elastic and matched well with feathers, nor I could find the right one to buy. However, she liked it, they had the best of times and that's the most important thing.

 


3 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I love twenties-inspired outfits! Your addition to the costume turned out perfect, what a fun party theme - the photos capture the era.

Divya N said...

Jazzy - literally :)

Justine Y @ Little Dove said...

Oh my gosh, I think this would be so cute for a little girl too! I might have to make one for my daughter!