Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Shells and accessories





Well, as it usually happens with great things, our holiday ended and we are left with many beautiful memories and a ton of pictures to remind us of it.  

While on holiday I made a lot of pieces for the shop, several for ourselves and for gifts, so I feel fulfilled. I thoroughly enjoy crocheting while on holiday during those several hours when the sun is scorching hot and I am in a deep shadow with a cup of tea or coffee, surrounded with colorful yarn. Crochet addicts completely understand me :) 

The above shell pattern is adorable and versatile in the sense that it can be used for any type of jewelry you want. I made a headband (not shown), a skinny scarf and a necklace, but it can also be used to make bracelets  / belts and it would be just the right thing to add to a simple t-shirt as a decorative edging.

I made a photo tutorial for this which will soon be available.
Until then, enjoy the end of July.

3 comments:

Karolina said...

Great idea! I'm look forward to tutorial.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to hear you all had such a wonderful holiday Maya, no doubt your head is filled with fabulous new ideas again! This is such a beautiful pattern, you're the Crochet Queen my friend!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Ana Love Craft said...

Lovely!!! My favorite the turquoise!
Happy day!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com