Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wardrobe re-discoveries: Summer Top


There are certain parts of the wardrobes in my home that quite resemble black holes. Only with these, one can retrieve things back. Especially those that have been lying unfinished for a long, long time. This top in particular was left untouched for more than 6 years; can you believe this? Hard-core crafters know what I am talking about - hence I find solace in the fact.


I will leave the story for when it is finished. It involves a nightgown and a crazy girl's scissors. This is only a glimpse of the front part embroidery / cutwork that I embellished with beads. I tried to take a photo of it hung but it was horrible. Better pictures next time.


As I plan to dedicate the rest of the week to completing some of the ufos, there will be several sewing related posts. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it a lot!!

harmony and rosie said...

That looks incredible, so pleased you're picking up the needle and thread again.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Do we have the same wardrobe?
Such a beautiful piece. Everytime I see cutwork I think of you.

RobyGiup said...

I'm in the middle of a house moving and I perfectly know what it means to find out something you've never seen for years...
Waiting to read the complete story of this summer top!

Unknown said...

It's a good thing you haven't thrown this beautiful garment aways Maya, it looks so lovely with that fabulous embroidery, such fine cutwork, too!

Unknown said...

the glimpse you give is quite intriguing. you will show us more soon right?

Papgena Made It said...

oh my, this promises to be a great piece!! You have to show us the all piece soon! Have a fantastic weekend!