Friday, October 28, 2011

Lace crochet - Pink and cordovan lariat



This is the new lariat that has been ready for almost a month but I kept adding vines to it thus prolonging its completion and finally I like how it turned out. Especially the vines. It seems that I cannot get enough of them!
This one is made in soft pink and cordovan and shows my love for the lace crochet represented in the central part. The laced shells gradually turn into vines.
Next time I want to try making one in wool. Chunky wool so that I can use my biggest hook. Do you know how fast can projects with chunky wool be? Tremendously fast!
There is a nice weekend ahead of us. We have planned a healthy trek. Will show pictures. Promise!


I wish you a nice weekend too!
(waving)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your new lariat looks gorgeous, it's so rich Maya! It's awesome that you added all those vines, I still think these are better than a necklace ;-) Have a lovely weekend, Ira x

CrochetBlogger said...

Looks beautiful. I really love the color combo!

Shawn said...

Very beautiful- you are a crochet artist!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love your lariats. So pretty! A healthy trek sounds wonderful. It's dusty outside in my corner of the world so I am tucked away inside. Hope your day is good. Tammy

Unknown said...

another gorgeous lariat Maya, and these colours are beautiful!

Isn't it nice to have a beautiful girl to model it for you?

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Totally agree with Shawn's comment, you are a crochet artist, all of the vines allow for so much texture. I can't wait to hear about your trek as well. I hope you had a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

oooh love it, especially all the little vines! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

Vanessa said...

Hi, Maya

I love this scarf and the colors are just lovely!

Vanessa