Thursday, April 7, 2011

On Fabric chicks and clay eggs



As Easter is just a few weeks away, I have been making small Easter related projects.
This year the decoration storage box gets a new addition: Easter fabric chicks. I love them especially the fabric - so cute! The children couldn't keep their hands off! I hand sewed them and quite enjoyed the process. There are other besides these two in two different fabrics but I am not really satisfied how they turned out. The reason for this is that I used sturdier fabric to make the others but after they were done I saw that I should have used softer fabric (preferably cotton). Lesson learned!



Their nest is full of tiny clay eggs I made maybe 20 years ago and I am sure there were a lot more since I aimed to make them in every possible color (as you already know that about me) but I guess they got scattered away during the years. None is of the same size and pattern (and shape for that matter); nonetheless I find them quite appealing.

8 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Oh I love those scrappy hens! One of my favourite projects are fabric birds and the little eggs really are "little treasures". The fact that they are clay means they can be cherised for years.

ByNightCreations said...

cute! nice work!

magdamagda said...

that's one cheerful interpretation of Easter and so original!

Papgena Made It said...

I can see why your children don't let go...they are so cheerful! I want to play too! ;)

Unknown said...

Love the eggs! I can't believe they've been around for that long. What lovely things to share with your kids. the birds are pretty too. you think you should have made them in a softer fabric? would they have been easier to stuff that way?

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, no Michele! The stuffing was not at all a problem. The sturdier fabric didn't leave any room for dents, you know you push slightly the back of the hen and it squats perfectly!

Sandy Ang said...

The hans are adorable in their nests. Wishing you and your family a very happy easter !

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Your eggs are beautiful, Maya. I love the bright colors. The chicks are adorable. I love their tail feathers.