Sunday, November 21, 2010

Once in a blue moon



Well, according to this article, today we'll be witness to the appearance of "the blue moon" although necessarily it does not always appear in that hue. So you might tell people that everything you did tonight you did it "once in a blue moon".

I, myself, was not aware that the infamous saying was born that way and it was interesting reading about it! And I still wonder about the influence a common mention of a word may have in a language!



The pictures I used for this post are actually postcards of a famous Sicilian artist Caroline van Riet (by Dutch origin) , who we had the pleasure of meeting in person at her lovely shop in Syracuse's old town Ortigia. Her work is incredible. You may check it here.

8 comments:

Clara in Paradise said...

Lovely lustrations. They'd look pretty framed and on the wall.

Maya Kuzman said...

In between other things - I am a postcard collector- a fervent one!
Have tons of postcards categorized in albums and still can't decide which are to be framed.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

This post has made my morning. Beautiful.

Papgena Made It said...

tomorrow I'll say to my boss that I didn't end my report because of the blue moon!! Thanks! :D

The postcards are just beautiful!

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh Papgena, that comment throw me into a fit! :)=
Hilarious!

François Beydoun said...

Nice Blog :)
I love very much the postcards!

Thanks,
François

circo fortuna said...

Hi Maya, it's me, Caroline. A friend told me about your blog, where he saw my postcards. I'd like to thank you for the positif way you write about my work and you've even made a link to my website. Grazie mille!

You created a huge, beautiful blog!

Good luck :)

Caroline /Siracusa

Maya Kuzman said...

Caroline I cannot describe my surprise when I saw your comment! Thank you for dropping by and I must say I am honored to have you here!

I think you are an amazing artist and I hope to visit your shop again in the future!

Until then, I wish you everything the best!